Anyone mind helping me with flashcards?

Solarin88

秀才
So I've read the instruction manual but I'm still having problems with configuring spaced repetition on Pleco flashcards. Anyone mind posting a short guide on how to configure it to be similar to Anki? That is, every day I get assigned reviews and I can configure how many new cards are added each day.

Also, just making sure, if I switch my profile to Basic and do some reviewing, I can still switch back to spaced repetition and have it be saved right?

Thanks in advance!!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
So I've read the instruction manual but I'm still having problems with configuring spaced repetition on Pleco flashcards. Anyone mind posting a short guide on how to configure it to be similar to Anki? That is, every day I get assigned reviews and I can configure how many new cards are added each day.

The default settings in Spaced Repetition should pretty much do that, actually. However, we currently work with a "total # of new cards you're working on" setting instead of a "cards per day" one - you can configure that total number (and when a card is considered "new") in Card Selection / Limit # of unlearned.

Also, just making sure, if I switch my profile to Basic and do some reviewing, I can still switch back to spaced repetition and have it be saved right?

Yes, the scores are shared between both, though to avoid problems you might want to create an additional "scorefile" and assign Basic to use that instead (you can do that through the "Scoring" configuration screen) - that way the score results from your Basic testing won't influence the repetition spacing in Spaced Repetition.