Any news on formatting of user dictionaries (or flashcards)?

3x13

秀才
Hey,

I want to create an user dictionary based on my "Tuttle - Learning Chinese Characters" book. But for that I really would like to use formatting options like linebreak, bold and italic.

As far as I can see, there is/was only the option for line breaks and bold or colored text using "private-tag" like described by Mike here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1406&p=10399&hilit=eab1#p10399

Is that still the only option? And if so: Is there a secret code für italic as well? Or even some good news about changing that system? :)

Regards,

Mitch

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Re: Any news on formatting of user dictionaries (or flashcar

3x13 said:
Is that still the only option? And if so: Is there a secret code für italic as well? Or even some good news about changing that system?

Italic is EAB4/EAB5. As far as changing the system, it's on our to-do list but to be honest it's pretty far down - there are some other things we really need to get straightened out with flashcards first. However, it would be a reasonable addition to our XML flashcard format when we re-do that in conjunction with the new statistics system we're rolling out in order to enable full iCloud sync.

Re: Any news on formatting of user dictionaries (or flashcar

Dear Mitch,
My wife and I would be grateful if you could share this user dictionary with us! New to Pleco Forums and not sure how to contact you directly.
Martin from China