Android marketplace in China

I recently bought an android in China. One of the reasons was because I know pleco will be released for the android. However, after buying my phone I saw that there was no Android marketplace on my phone. After doing some research, I found that the Android marketplace is not available on Chinese phones. Fortunately, I was able to install android marketplace from a website that had cracked the file or something. Unfortunately, even after doing that, I will be unable to buy any products off the android marketplace as long as I am in China. I think this might have something to do with the disagreements between Google and the Chinese government. Considering the android version of your product will undoubtedly be in demand in China, I was wondering if you had any ideas about this. Could you make your product available through your website rather than, or as well as, on the android marketplace? Thanks for listening.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
ronibeloski said:
I recently bought an android in China. One of the reasons was because I know pleco will be released for the android. However, after buying my phone I saw that there was no Android marketplace on my phone. After doing some research, I found that the Android marketplace is not available on Chinese phones. Fortunately, I was able to install android marketplace from a website that had cracked the file or something. Unfortunately, even after doing that, I will be unable to buy any products off the android marketplace as long as I am in China. I think this might have something to do with the disagreements between Google and the Chinese government. Considering the android version of your product will undoubtedly be in demand in China, I was wondering if you had any ideas about this. Could you make your product available through your website rather than, or as well as, on the android marketplace? Thanks for listening.

Yes, we're already doing that now (http://www.pleco.com/store/) and plan to do it with our finished app as well.