Android Basic-Dictionary

ausgang

进士
Hey there,

did I get this right? There is no PLC/ACE-Dictionary for the Android Version of Pleco?
I am thinking of changing my iPhone for an Android Device, but almost all my flashcards link to the PLC/ACE-Dict ...

Thanks in advance,
Juergen

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
ausgang said:
Hey there,

did I get this right? There is no PLC/ACE-Dictionary for the Android Version of Pleco?
I am thinking of changing my iPhone for an Android Device, but almost all my flashcards link to the PLC/ACE-Dict ...

Thanks in advance,
Juergen

Sure there is, it's free and built into our Android app - what made you think otherwise?

ausgang

进士
Thats good news.

The thought came up when I read the description of Android Basic Bundle in the "Store" Section. It says that it includes:

The NWP English-Chinese Pinyin dictionary (a good English-Chinese counterpart to the free PLC and CC-CEDICT Chinese-English dictionaries).

PLC/ABC/NWP is all the same I assume. But the "counterpart" did confuse me.

Thanks anyway, looking forward to the times without iPhone :)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
ausgang said:
The thought came up when I read the description of Android Basic Bundle in the "Store" Section. It says that it includes:

The NWP English-Chinese Pinyin dictionary (a good English-Chinese counterpart to the free PLC and CC-CEDICT Chinese-English dictionaries).

PLC/ABC/NWP is all the same I assume. But the "counterpart" did confuse me.

Yes, that could be worded better - by "counterpart" we mean that it's an English-Chinese dictionary that pairs well with / complements PLC and CC.