alphabetize flashcards within a category?

Site search turned up several old references to the desire to alphabetize flashcards. I can't find a way to do this, so apparently there's still no way to alphabetize flashcards except for doing it manually, one by one (right?). But that's far too unwieldy even for lists moderate lengths. What's the plan for automatically putting flashcards in alphabetical order in Organize Cards?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
JimmyTheSaint said:
Site search turned up several old references to the desire to alphabetize flashcards. I can't find a way to do this, so apparently there's still no way to alphabetize flashcards except for doing it manually, one by one (right?). But that's far too unwieldy even for lists moderate lengths. What's the plan for automatically putting flashcards in alphabetical order in Organize Cards?

You can get an alphabetized list of flashcards in a category any time via Search Cards. No immediate plans to add a sort function in Organize but we certainly might consider it next year when we do some major flashcard database updates.

mikelove said:
You can get an alphabetized list of flashcards in a category any time via Search Cards. No immediate plans to add a sort function in Organize but we certainly might consider it next year when we do some major flashcard database updates.

Pardon, but where on earth is "Search Cards"?

Wan said:
JimmyTheSaint said:
Pardon, but where on earth is "Search Cards"?
Enter the “Flashcards” menu, it’s the fourth menu option from the top.

Thanks, but no cigar. My "Flashcards" menu has exactly the following:

Review Flashcards
Card Statistics
Organize Cards
Import Cards
Export Cards
Backup Database
Restore Database

You can rest assured that before I posted this question, I did a thorough search for "Search Cards" and didn't find it.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
JimmyTheSaint said:
You can rest assured that before I posted this question, I did a thorough search for "Search Cards" and didn't find it.

It's only included in the paid version of the flashcard add-on, though honestly if we did add an option to automatically re-sort a category in Organize we'd most likely limit that too.

mikelove said:
if we did add an option to automatically re-sort a category in Organize we'd most likely limit that too.

OK, I got it. It would still be a big improvement to be able to sort a category once and for all in Organize.