ABC Dictionary of Chinese Proverbs doesn't show up

Ledu

举人
I purchased this add-on and installed it. It does not appear to be working. I submitted a support email. I believe BuSanBuSi was an entry per the description in the add-on. I tried to find "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" and it did not come up. It should be listed as (ABP). Should I wait for the customer service thorugh email?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-13-18-30-27-456_com.pleco.chinesesystem.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-13-18-30-27-456_com.pleco.chinesesystem.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 34

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry, I’m afraid busanbusi is not in that dictionary - maybe you were remembering a different one? ABP is a dictionary of yanyu - proverbs - rather than chengyu. You can review the full list of entries in it in Settings / Manage Dictionaries / ABC Proverbs / Browse Dictionary Entries.

If you’d like to request a refund for your purchase, just let us know and we can certainly provide one.

Ledu

举人
Hi Mike,

In this case I should have tried the demo version first. I am ok with the purchase and I don't need a refund thanks.

I like philosophy and since I am only HSK4 level I can easily read through this like a book and understand these proverbs. And so I can learn about the culture more. I see that this particular dictionary is not searchable but I can read it entry by entry.

I think what I was looking for was a dictionary to understand chengyu more. From a flashcard download I have, I get a short one sentence description but that is not enough to know how to use a chengyu sometimes. I will have to try the Duogongneng Chengyu Cidan now.

Last edited: