3.2.6: updated flashcard 字 functionality - thanks

etm001

状元
Hi,

I noticed that I can now keep 字 enabled and select alternate dictionary entries during flashcard tests. Thanks!

etm001

状元
I noticed one small display issue: with 字 enabled and with a long dictionary entry being displayed, a fraction of the definition text will extend beyond the writing border. This is on an iPad in landscape mode.

Also I noticed that Pleco can now open the web browser if a URL is in the clipboard - super helpful when I'm copying links from Tweetbot for reading in Pleco. Thanks!

Edit: I just tried using Tweetbot "copy link" option, then launched Pleco, but the web browser didn't open. I verified that the "open web browser" setting was enabled in Settings. This is on an iPhone with latest iOS.

Edit 2: I think I know what the issue is. I turned on the setting to start the Pleco browser with a blank page. I opened the browser and the page was of course blank. Later I went into Tweetbot, copied a link, and opened Pleco, but the browser didn't launch. I set Pleco browser to open the last page, copied a link from Tweetbot, but still no luck. I then manually pasted my link into Pleco browser and let the page load. Finally, I went back into Tweetbot, copied a new link, launched Pleco, and the new link was loaded as expected.

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks - should be fixable in 3.2.7 which we'll submit to Apple once we're confident they've fixed this blasted reset-everybody's-device-identifier-on-an-update issue that's been pissing off our customers and flooding our customer support mailbox for the past week.