2.2.5 Bug Report + Feedback Thread

Re: 2.2.2 + 2.2.3 Bug Report / Feedback Thread

2.2.5 crashed several times for me today while using OCR when I pressed "x" to close it and then tried to navigate back to the main menu on Pleco...

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.3

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
goldyn chyld said:
2.2.5 crashed several times for me today while using OCR when I pressed "x" to close it and then tried to navigate back to the main menu on Pleco...

So the crashes happened when you had already tapped [X], then tapped on the <= button at the top left corner of the screen to go back to the main Reader screen?

These occurred occasionally on 2.2.2/3 as well, but could you email / PM me your crash logs?

Mac OS X : /Users/(your username)/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/(your device name)
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\(your username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\(your device name)
Windows Vista / 7: C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\(your device name)

(on WIndows that "Application Data" folder may be hidden - choose "Folder Options" from the "Tools" menu, go to the "View" tab and check the radio button to "Show hidden files and folders" to make hidden folders visible)

ausgang

进士
Some misbehaviour when using "Search Cards" at "Flashcards" section:

Search for: Headword
Compare: ~

When I first input a Chinese Character everything runs smooth, but after I go back, type a different Character the same search results as before show up.

I have to go back to the root menu, select "Search Cards" again. Then the right results are displayed.

This began to happen after installing 2.5.5 update.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Re: 2.2.2 + 2.2.3 Bug Report / Feedback Thread

goldyn chyld said:

Never mind, we think we've found it now - it happens when you have OCR set to copy its results back to the search input field, correct?

ausgang said:
When I first input a Chinese Character everything runs smooth, but after I go back, type a different Character the same search results as before show up.

I have to go back to the root menu, select "Search Cards" again. Then the right results are displayed.

Sounds like it might be related to a fix we added for a different bug that caused crashes in Search Cards in a similar situation... should be easy to find/fix, thanks!

Hey Mike, I've emailed you my crash log. But yeah, as you've said above: "The crashes happened when you had already tapped [X], then tapped on the <= button at the top left corner of the screen to go back to the main Reader screen"...

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
goldyn chyld said:
Hey Mike, I've emailed you my crash log. But yeah, as you've said above: "The crashes happened when you had already tapped [X], then tapped on the <= button at the top left corner of the screen to go back to the main Reader screen"...

Thanks, appears to be fixed in 2.2.6 (which we submitted to Apple last week).