vga screens

I have been running Pleco on my ETEN M600 smartphone for 1.5 years. Now I am planning to switch to the newer X500 or X500+. X500+ has a VGA screen and WM6 which X500 does not. I have heard some complaints that the VGA screen on X500+ makes some applications such as video and games run slow. Again, other users reported no problems. Any thoughts? Should I go for a VGA screen?

With the M600 I sometimes had problems with character input using flashcards if I was listening to music through bluetooth at the same time. The character input was then a little slow and unresponsive.

frances

秀才
My device has a VGA screen, and I love that the extra resolution adds greater detail and therefore legibility to smaller characters in Pleco. I haven't had any trouble with speed, which I attribute to the relatively powerful processor. Also, I've only played a limited number of games (PDAMill Arvale II, Fade-Team Exit Nights). I haven't wanted to play games which emphasize reaction time for fear that I would start stabbing at the touch screen too hard and damage it, but these are the same games which would give the best stress test for the device speed. I can't recommend my specific model, because it's no longer available, but here's what I have:

Dell Axim x51v
Pocket PC (WM5)
Screen: 480 x 640 pixels; 3.75"
Processor: Intel PXA270
Processor Speed: 624 MHz
RAM Size: 64 MB
ROM Size: 256 MB

The screen shot looks much bigger on the computer than on the PDA because the PDA shows more than 90 dpi, but the picture is an exact screenshot except for the margins and annotations I added.
Pleco Screenshot