Various questions regarding the app

Yaqub Beg

秀才
Hello, I've been using Pleco for at least a year and it's by far the best tool out there. I have a few questions, though:

1. Is it possible to get a refund on add-ons that are included in the professional bundle, and then buy the bundle itself? I've bought a bunch of add-ons over time and realized that it would have made more sense to have bought the bundle, but now that I have a big part of the bundle it seems like a waste to buy it.

2. Is it possible to get a demo of what the Grand Ricci and the Gu Hanyu Da Cidian look like? For some reason when I tap the demo button on Android nothing happens.

3. What exactly are the differences between the dictionnaries, aside from the languages they come in? For example I can't figure out whether it is worth buying certain dicts, like the the 21st century or the ABC. If a dict has more entries, does that mean it is better?

4. I've made a license transfer from iOS to Android, and then bought another add-on on Android. Is it possible to get the same add-on on iOS without paying again? Can you do a back-and-forth like that forever?

5. I created some flashcards then downloaded the HSK ones. As a result, some of the uncategorized flashcards were sent to the HSK categories and I can't find them anymore. How do you add a flashcard so that it can be in different categories at the same time? For example, having a word be both in HSK level 2 and a custom list.

kind regards

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
1) Write to support@pleco with your details (Registration ID etc) and we'll figure that out - it sounds like you bought originally on iOS and then transferred to Android, correct? We might be able to at least partially credit what you paid on iOS towards a purchase of the Professional bundle on Android, but we generally aren't able to give out refunds on iOS purchases (has to go through Apple and they'd be unlikely to approve it for something purchased a year ago).

2) That's odd - this is in the "Add-ons" screen? Had they already downloaded?

3) It's more entries but also it's the selection of entries - how well they cover the vocabulary you're likely to look up (21C has tons and tons of English words that aren't covered anywhere else) - and the information in them; ABC for example has very good part of speech tagging, with some interesting tags like "bound form" for characters that nowadays have no standalone meaning but only mean something when contained in multiple-character words.

4) No, the only thing we can do in that case is to refund you for your purchase on Android so that you can buy it on iOS (and then transfer it to Android) instead.

5) Create a new category, then tap-hold on the + button and you can choose the category to add a card to from that list; any other cards you add by tapping on the + button will also be added to that list until you change it again with another tap-hold.

Yaqub Beg

秀才
Hi mike,

Thanks for replying. I will do what you told me.

As for 2), I go to the add-ons menu, then "paid" tab, then either Grand Ricci or Gu hanyu, then I tap "Download Demo Version" but nothing happens.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm, definitely not seeing that here. Are you able to download other add-ons successfully?