Using filter to differentiate flashcards between profiles

Hello! Thanks for an awesome product from a long time user.

Recently I tried to step up my Chinese studies with utilizing the vast configuration that is possible with the Flashcard and SRS-system in Pleco.
I've tried to set-up a system which I found here in the forums (if I remember correctly) with 1 score file, 2 profiles and filter to switch the words from the New Card profile to the Review profile.

The 'New Card' is set-up with:

Card Filters: History Filter 'not correct in a row' > 3
Card Selection: Random
Scoring: Stats Only

The 'Review' is set-up with:

Card Filters: Record Filter 'reviewed' > 0
Card Selection: SRS
Scoring: Automatic

It works very well within the new card practice, after 3 correct answers in a row they wont show up anymore. But they wont show up when I try to run the Review profile test with those new cards.

My questions are the following.

Is there something wrong with my set-up? OR
Is everything working well, just that I have to wait 1+ days for the cards to show up in my daily reviews because the 'New Word' drill actually enters them into the SRS-system automatically?

The cards that I have drilled still has a score of 100 but with a history of 3-0, 3-1 etc.

*edit*

There are no limitations to new cards in the review profile
If I remove the filter it will pick up the cards that has not been reviewed at all.

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Any chance that your "review" profile might be linked to a different scorefile than your "new card" profile? Check the Scoring screen.

Any chance that your "review" profile might be linked to a different scorefile than your "new card" profile? Check the Scoring screen.
They now started to turn up 1 day later. I actually like that mechanic as an automatic SRS-feauture.

Thanks for your time Mike.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Ah, makes sense in that case - the SRS system would impose an interval even if the cards were reviewed without SRS the first time through.