Unresponsive keyboard

Kaliki

A few months ago I started having the problem that the keyboard would become unresponsive to input (no matter if English or Chinese) leading to characters not being entered into the search field upon entering the app.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the app after having it fully closed. Keyboard will pop up automatically and input will work.
2. Press the circle icon on the bottom bar to return to your home screen.
3. Open the app again by pressing the icon on your home screen.
4. The app will open, keyboard will be displayed, but any letter or character entered will not appear in Pleco's search field.

The only workarounds are to close the keyboard by pressing the back button and then click the search field again to reopen the keyboard
or
to clear the app from the recent apps and open it anew.

This is a very nasty bug, since it occurs all the time and causes so much unnecessary clicking before I can search the dictionary. I am using the latest Pleco version on Android 6.0, am not using any external keyboard apps and would be extremely grateful if this could be fixed. :)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
What model of Android phone do you have? Is it running the stock manufacturer firmware? This certainly isn't universal to Android 6.0 or we'd be getting a lot more reports of it so it probably has something to do with your specific model.

Kaliki

Just confirming that I am indeed using the purple laucher icon.
Thanks for the quick replies, and glad it wasn't just me. :)