Trouble Importing .PDFs into Reader // Dropbox + Wifi upload unsuccesfull

Eli Sweet

Hello,

I am a recent professional pack purchaser, and so far have been enjoying Pleco a great deal.

However I am having trouble importing .PDFs into pleco for viewing in the Reader. The Reader function is downloaded and installed on my phone.

Having seen the options in File Manager, I tried to import the desired PDFs using the Pleco Dropbox folder. I put the files into the pleco app folder via my computer. I have dropbox on my phone. However I live in China, and dropbox does not work on my iphone without a VPN. Although I have a vpn on my phone, the VPN disconnects every time I open the pleco app folder in dropbox (both when I try to via Pleco and Dropbox).

I have also tried to upload files via the "Upload/Download Files" feature in the file manager, and have tried to use the Pleco File Upload page http://10.0.1.2:50505, via on my laptop. However, perhaps also because I live in China, I have not been able to open to open that page.

The .PDFs that I want to view in Pleco are on my macbook pro. Is there any other way to get them on to my Iphone 5S aside from the above described two methods. Or is there a way to troubleshoot the problems described?

Thanks,
Eli

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Try using the "Open In" command in Dropbox's app, or for that matter in any other file sharing app (even works with email attachments) - Pleco should show up as one of the apps that you can open your file in.

Eli Sweet

Thanks! Doing it through Email attachments worked the best for me!

Using the OCR with the PDFs now, reading Chinese media making flashcards as I go... it is everything I hoped it would be!

Thanks,
Eli