Touch Dual, Pleco, Fonts and crashing

mferrare

Hello all,

I recently upgraded from a Palm Treo 650 to a HTC Touch Dual. By and large I'm happy with it but I have a strange problem when running Pleco on it. As soon as I run Pleco the fonts on some of the HTC bundled applications go a bit nutty. The Task manager on the top right of the today screen (near the battery icon) displays only squares where the words describing each running application should be. And the app that is engaged when you slide the Touch up to display the keyboard doesn't show any words at all! Just the icons and nothing. Everything seems to work fine - just that the fonts are buggered up. After a day or so after starting Pleco my phone will crash. Usually it freezes and I have to remove the battery to reset it. Everything gets back to normal until I fire up Pleco again.

My Dual is running CEStar which came bundled. I get the same problems even if I uninstall CE-Star however. The font problem is easy to reproduce - just start Pleco. The crashing, as I said, usually follows up to a day after. I have tried running my phone without Pleco and it will stay up for days and no font issues. It seems to be Pleco that's causing this.

I tried installing Pleco on a friend's Touch (not dual) and do not get the same problem.

Has anyone seen this or would know how to fix it?

Thanks

Mark

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sounds like the font issues we had with earlier models have gotten more serious on the Touch Dual. Are you sure CE-Star was fully unloaded when you uninstalled it? (wasn't still running in the background or anything like that?)

Anyway, Pleco 2.0 uses a completely independent font system that won't be affected by CE-Star or anything else HTC might throw at you, so you might want to try the latest beta of that and see if it works better for you. Or just wait for the finished version, which shouldn't be too too many more months away...