Subtitle files, namely srt - is there a way to TTS them using timestamps?

I'm pretty sure the answer to this is no, but I just thought I'd try anyways, maybe I missed something, but does Pleco "play" / TTS srt subtitle files? Using the timestamps associated w/the dialog? You could just TTS a srt file and it'll speak the timestamps and other stuff obviously, but maybe there's a feature that specifically takes into account the srt format?

Off-topic, but anyone know of any OS X or iOS apps that do this if the answer is no?

Isn't an srt file just a glorified txt file with time stamps and the ocicional <b>、<u>、<i> tags?

I haven't tried but I'm sure you could import it into pleco and then open it in document reader and use the tts that way.

Surely timestamp with subtitles should go hand in hand with an audio file or a video file.
This could be seen as an upgrade to the Lyrics Reader at first ; truly the one thing it is missing now is time stamps for lyrics.

It would also be an incredible feature to be able to watch your TV shows or music videos and tap the subtitles to read the popup translations. Whether it works with an OCR of the embedded subtitles/lyrics or simply popup translations of an underlying .srt file is another question. I guess the technical challenge isn't the same in either case.

(I know I might be asking for too much - after all, the Lyrics Reader already does a good job.)

Note: a great example of this is what FluentU does (can we post about this here??). Only serious issue with FluentU is that the user doesn't get to choose the content, whereas the above proposed feature would enable Pleco user to watch any video for which he has embedded subs or the srt file.