Spaced Repetion scores and amount

Dodoxo

举人
A month ago I think I've wrongly setup the Amount in the section Card Selection => Learned Cards. What is the Default Amount? I would like to setup as I prefer but I've not found any more detailed guide than the basic one. Also, I would like to know if reseting settings could reset my past scores and how many points the card got for each of these scores: Remember Perfectly, Remember, Barely Remembered, Almost Remembered, Forgotten or Don't Know. At last, I would like to ask: why when I score Incorrect, it doesn't show the srs interval and what it is the Overdue interval in the Display section.

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The default now is learned if "score >=" "200" and "limit new cards" by "new per day" count "20" prioritize by "approx oldest." So you'd increase the score (or set a different criterion) if you wanted to wait longer for cards to be learned, or adjust the 'new per day' count if you wanted more/fewer cards per day.

Resetting settings would not reset scores, to reset scores you'd go into Organize Cards / Edit / Batch.

We don't show interval predictions right now basically because there are factors that go into them that are awkward to calculate at that point in the test; we're working on a new algorithm that will cause this to no longer be a problem. Overdue interval is just telling you how far after this card's due date you're reviewing it.

Dodoxo

举人
The default now is learned if "score >=" "200" and "limit new cards" by "new per day" count "20" prioritize by "approx oldest." So you'd increase the score (or set a different criterion) if you wanted to wait longer for cards to be learned, or adjust the 'new per day' count if you wanted more/fewer cards per day.

Resetting settings would not reset scores, to reset scores you'd go into Organize Cards / Edit / Batch.

We don't show interval predictions right now basically because there are factors that go into them that are awkward to calculate at that point in the test; we're working on a new algorithm that will cause this to no longer be a problem. Overdue interval is just telling you how far after this card's due date you're reviewing it.
Thank you very much for all the information. To increase or decrease the number of cards a day it's better to edit Points per day or the Learned cards score Amount? I don't really understood what that score amount is for: I don't know how the score is calculated so I don't know how to set it.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
"New per day" is the one you'd want to edit, not "points per day." The score amount is deciding how Pleco determines whether or not a card is 'learned', though that makes more of a difference when you have Pleco set to maintain a fixed-size pool of unlearned cards rather than introducing a certain # per day - anyway I wouldn't worry about that setting much.

Dodoxo

举人
Some time has passed and I've found a new problem corcerning cards displayed im my test sessions. I would like to increase the number of new cards per day and decrease the number of cards to be reviewed per day because it seems to me that every day I review the same amount of cards (about 70, plus 10 new cards) without learning many new ones.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You could add a 'card filter' to exclude cards that haven't been reviewed in a while - that should reduce the number of old cards to study.

Dodoxo

举人
You could add a 'card filter' to exclude cards that haven't been reviewed in a while - that should reduce the number of old cards to study.
How do I set this? In "card filter" I can just set a date. Is there another way to make this process more automatic and just decrease the number of cards to review?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You can also set up a filter based on 'within' based on a particular date.

If you decrease the points per day in Card Selection, that will stretch out their intervals and effectively give you fewer cards to review, but the problem with doing that is that you won't be reviewing old cards very often and so will be more likely to forget them. If you find that your recall rates don't suffer with longer intervals then that's a very easy way to end up with fewer cards, but if you do find yourself forgetting a lot of them you might then want to reduce your number of new cards or increase the amount of time you devote to reviewing cards.

Dodoxo

举人
You can also set up a filter based on 'within' based on a particular date.

If you decrease the points per day in Card Selection, that will stretch out their intervals and effectively give you fewer cards to review, but the problem with doing that is that you won't be reviewing old cards very often and so will be more likely to forget them. If you find that your recall rates don't suffer with longer intervals then that's a very easy way to end up with fewer cards, but if you do find yourself forgetting a lot of them you might then want to reduce your number of new cards or increase the amount of time you devote to reviewing cards.
Thank you for the help! I'm going to continue to devote some time to review and learn new cards. But an option, like the Anki's one, to reduce the number of repetions per day could be extremely useful.

Dodoxo

举人
Some time has passed. Any new setting has been added to reduce the number of cards or set a determined amount of flashcards? I still struggle with studying so many flashcards every study session. I would like to study a defined amount of flashcards.

Dodoxo

举人
Following the tips given above, how can I setup it? I'm not very good with the settings and I'm afraid about ruining the entire recall rates.

Last edited: