slow touch screen

I am running Pleco on a ETEN M600 smartphone which has worked great for almost a year. I am using the flashcard function a lot and write on the screen over and over again.

Now the touch screen is going slow which makes it less convenient to study with the flashcard function. The screen does not answer as fast and correct to the movements of the stylus as it used to. What could the reason be? Did I wear out the screen by writing to many characters? Does a smartphone become slow after a while pretty much like a computer (I have tried to delete unnecessary programs and increase free storage space)? I dropped the smartphone on the floor once, could this be the reason?

Actually before I bought my ETEN I ran Pleco on a Tungsten E PDA and encountered the same problem after about one year of usage. I then stopped using it.

Since an ETEN smartphone is pretty expensive I am kind of reluctant to buy a new one already after a year. Is there any remedy to make the screen fast and responsive again?

sfrrr

状元
I never recommend hard reset, because it takes a lot of time to reinstall everything, even if you restore a saved backup. However, it does sound like you smartphone is bedevilled by orts. Orts of installed and uninstalled programs, DLLs, corrupted messages, who knows what all. Because this is unavoidable over long periods, many of us do a hard reset once or twice a year. (Many of us also do similar things to our PCs.)

There are PPC programs such as SKTools and Tweaks 2K2 that will clean and optimize your system, but I've found that some of those fixes conflict, unpredictably, with other programs. So, I now don't recommend them anymore.

Sandra

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for your answer.

So you don't think there is any damage on the screen from all the flashcard studies, but rather my problem is that the smartphone needs a system cleanup?

sfrrr

状元
Since I haven't seen your smatphone, I'm just guessing. But, yes, that's a common solution.

But another thing occurs to me and I should have thought of this earlier. How low are you on memory? Since everything slows down when your main memory is low, that may be your problem. I was just forced to uninstall three of my favorite apps on my new HTC Windows Mobile Phone Edition phone in order to get some working room.

Sandra