SD Card for the Treo 650

mougang

I just bought the Treo 650 and according to this website I need an SD card to run Pleco. What size? 512mb or 1G. Thanks very much for the help.

lmcjipo

榜眼
mougang said:
I just bought the Treo 650 and according to this website I need an SD card to run Pleco. What size? 512mb or 1G. Thanks very much for the help.

Being a Treo 650 user myself, I suggest that you go for the maximum memory card that the Treo 650 can currently support (a 2GB SD memory card with the current Treo 650's approved/official firmware) because it doesn't hurt to have a large SD memory card. The prices of these cards have dropped. However, even a 128MB SD memory card will work for PlecoDict.

I have a 2GB SD memory card in my Treo 650 and I have plenty of room for MP3's, my Palm applications, PlecoDict, my Palm games, a backup of my Treo 650's main memory, pictures, GPS software, GPS maps, etc.

Having a large memory card will save you the hassle of swapping the cards in and out when you want to do something else (such as play MP3's or run a specific application that you have stored on the memory card).

For example, I use my GPS software (installed on the SD card) when I'm in my car. I then finish driving and use the MP3 playing software (RealPlayer or PocketTunes) where all my MP3 music is stored on the same SD memory card so I don't have to swap it. I then go to my Mandarin class with my Treo 650 and with the same SD memory card still in my Treo 650, I launch PlecoDict. I then finish my class and decide to go to the bank. I stand in line and being bored waiting in a long line, I call up a game which is installed on the same SD memory card and play it. I then decide to check up a word in another language dictionary that I have installed on the SD memory card.

Using my example above, can you imagine the hassle of swapping in/out a different SD memory card every time I wanted to do something?

Go for the 2GB SD memory card. In my opinion, it is worth it (obviously depending on how much the different SD memory cards costs).

gato

状元
Just for running PlecoDict, even a 64MB memory card would be enough. It's what I have on my Sony CLIE. I bought it a while ago, and Sony's proprietary MemoryStick format was/is expensive.