Scorefile Change

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
A seemingly very sensible change for 4.0 I wanted to get some feedback on.

We think that some of the settings tied to a particular profile now, most importantly the ones in "Scoring" but possibly also other score-dependent ones like (our greatly amped-up take on) score-based subject selection, should be tied to a scorefile rather than a profile, since it doesn't really make sense for the same scorefile to be addressed with two different scoring systems.

You'll now be able to have card filters based on a different scorefile than the one you're currently testing on, which I would think removes one major reason for wanting different settings with the same scorefile - can do a drill or whatever based on a different scorefile without affecting scores in it. But are there any others we're not thinking of? Any good reason why you'd want to have different intervals, different SRS system, different score->subject mapping with the same scorefile?

Shun

状元
I can think of the following: What happens if the user decides to change his scoring or SRS system, but doesn't want to start over with all scores reset to zero? Because the scores from before the change will still be of value after the change. If he can't carry old scores over to a new setting, that may be a problem.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You'd be able to change the settings, they'd just apply to every profile that used that scorefile.

HW60

状元
I probably did not fully understand your question, mainly because I only once in my Pleco life changed my scorefile - unintentionally erasing all scores - and only use one scorefile since then. I have no idea why I should use more than one scorefile, it would make the system unnecessarily complicated. I think there is no need to change the Score options too often after I found the values they should have for my needs, I would even reduce the number of options: Do we still need "Old Automatic"? Do we need all Tweak parameters? Therefore you could probably remove "Scoring" from within the New Test to somewhere in Settings, and maybe Commands too. But you should keep the rest, especially Card Filters and of course Card selection.