RSI

raoul

秀才
I've just started to develop pain in my hand and arm, which I suspect is partly due to using my PDA - since I started to feel the pain I've tried to stop using the little stylus and am spending less concentrated time using the PDA for various jobs.

Anyone got any tips or good links to useful sites? I love mucking around with Pleco on the PDA, and am keen on any advice from those of you who've been using PDA's longer.

Cheers

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I don't know of any websites specifically about RSIs on PDAs, but upgrading to a more ergonomic stylus (something the size of a regular pen) might help matters somewhat. StylusCentral has a bunch of them, PDAPanache is another big one, and a lot of the big pen manufacturers sell PDA-tip refills for their regular pen lines.

Aunty

举人
I took a lightweight plastic stylus from an antique Palm, and wound rubber bands onto it until a section of it was as thick as my thumb, soft, and only a little nobbly. This stylus hangs around my desk or tucks into an outer pocket of my bag, for all those quick jottings and for longer PlecoDict sessions. It's always handy, virtually impossible to lose, and easy to replace.

And of course there's no reason why you couldn't use your other hand for a change. Try it and see.

raoul

秀才
I like the rubber band stylus idea, I might try that! I've been using the wrong end of a regular sized pen, and that has certainly made a difference.