Restoring Pleco data manually

Yaqub Beg

秀才
EDIT: I have managed to resolve the issue by copying the files manually and fiddling with it a bit!

This is a bit of an odd issue. :D

I was running CM12 and installed the wrong recovery which has led to a bootloop. Fortunately I can still pull files with adb.

My question is which files should you manually backup in order to restore settings and flashcards? I looked at the filesystem and got the com.pleco etc. files but there are two of those in two different locations.

/sdcard/0/0/obb/com.pleco.chinesesystem/
/sdcard/0/0/0/Android/data/com.pleco.chinesesystem/

I want to be able to restore Pleco to its original state if my data is wiped during a reinstall to fix the bootloop. I at least want to try to restore my flashcards and settings. But to be honest, I would settle with simply knowing which 汉字 were on the flashcards so that I may recreate them. :) The rest can be restored manually so it's not a really big deal. I just need to know what was on the flashcards.

I do have a previous backup of the settings and cards that I made using Pleco's features, but they are outdated.

kind regards

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The second location is the one you want - /obb is just for cached files from Google Play. You may find the /Android folder is in a slightly different place on your new device though.