Reader Clipboard History

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Quick little question on reader history.

We've got a lovely new feature to keep track of all of your recently viewed documents (not just the last one) and make the last few accessible right from the sidebar (so you can conveniently task-switch), but we're trying to sort out how to integrate the clipboard-lookup function into that; basically there are three options:
  1. Treat viewing the clipboard like opening any other text file, so your clipboard history is integrated into the document history; text / other document files and clipboards show up in the same list (though it can be filtered), and each clipboard you bring in constitutes a new reader session.
  2. Treat the clipboard reader as a separate function, so it has its own private sidebar item and its own private history screen (accessed through a clock icon in the toolbar while viewing a clipboard).
  3. Not keep a clipboard history at all; anybody who wants to save a particular clipboard can save it to a text file, but if they don't explicitly save it then it should disappear as soon as it's replaced.
Of course with options 1/2 we'd also include an option to turn clipboard history retention off, and give you the ability to delete particularly sensitive history items.

yoose

探花
just thinking about it, i would prefer #2, i think the functionality is not quite the same and I would like to keep it separate. will there be options on how many entries to keep and the ability to delete individual entries?

alanmd

探花
#2 sounds best to me as well.

#1 sounds like it would clutter up the useful files I have in the reader too much.