problems with fanti in CJKOS + 梅花 and

Hai Zi

Hi guys - I've had my Treo 680 for a few months now. It was bought in the US, so I've had to fiddle around with CJKOS and 梅花输入法. It's been a lot of mafan. I still haven't been able to find a working 680-compatible 梅花 - the one I recently found and downloaded just didn't work, so I spent a whole day trying to refind the 650 version. Anyway - the problem I'm having is with 繁体字 in CJKOS. I've downloaded the jianti and the fanti files, but I still can't view fanti. I need to view fanti when I get an SMS from a friend from HK or Taiwan - the unchanged characters (like 我) come up no problem, but the fanti characters come up as question marks. I've tried lots of ways to solve this problem, with no success: anyone got any advice?

On another note, getting back to 梅花: using the 650 version on the 680 creates a problem - there's no easy way to switch between English and Chinese - what I've ended up doing is just leaving it in Chinese the whole time - when I want to write English, I type as usual - the pinyin appears with character matches - I ignore this and press the return button - the software then writes the pinyin/English as I typed it. Anyone else got any other methods?

Thanks - Hai Zi