pocket pv

pocketpc

I have an old HP IPAQ3900 series running Window CE3. with a 1gn=b memory card

Pleco wont install on it, is there any way I can update the operating software or am I doomed to buying a new PDA?

:cry:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You can indeed update the OS on the iPAQ 3900 - do a Google search for ipaq 3900 rom update and that should give you all the information you need.

pocketpc

Txs
Ive now upgraded and loaded the demo.
Now my dilemma is professional or complete or wait for 2.0.

If ABC is a more comprehensive dictionary why bother with having the Oxford dictionary? Or am I missing something RE flashcards etc??

In which case professional is a better buy?

lmcjipo

榜眼
Mike posted this reply in another thread but it relates to your questions so I posted it here.

mikelove said:
Well in some respects it is redundant, pretty much all of the words in the Oxford dictionaries are also in the ABC/NWP, but the Oxford ones can sometimes be a bit more detailed, and in trying to understand the meaning of a new Chinese word it's often very helpful to have more than one dictionary's take on it. (which is part of the reason we're now preparing a Chinese-to-Chinese dictionary for release with a future version of PlecoDict; again, it won't add many words that aren't covered by our existing dictionary, but it'll provide a lot of extra information about words that you wouldn't get from the dictionaries we have now)

I have the complete version and I find that the definitions in Oxford are a bit more detailed and easier to understand. Oxford will also show short phrases or sentences where the Chinese character is actually used and based on the words that I've looked up, the other dictionaries don't do this (to the same degree). My preference is the Oxford definitions/dictionary (when Oxford actually has the definition).

You wouldn't be missing anything in terms of PlecoDict (ex: flashcards) with the various dictionary option purchases except for the actual words included in each of the respective dictionaries.