Pleco Reader: Highlighting and Annotations

Alexis

状元
Are there any plans to add Highlighting and Annotation to Pleco Reader? This would make it the ultimate study tool.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The reader has gotten a huge update, we just didn't get around to this particular feature yet.

Alexis

状元
pprendville - Ha! Yeah, my cat doesn't really like dogs. Nothing personal.

mikelove - I like the pleco Reader so much that I have mostly switched my chinese epubs over from ibooks, but highlighting is the most missed feature. Even a really basic support (ie. one color, no linking/indexing of highlights) would be super useful. Plus with the recent debeautifying iOS7 update, simple background color changes formhighlights are all the rage (though I find the pink/purple/blue highlight colors in iBooks too dark to read through comfortably).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Still in the works, but we'll probably wait until we drop iOS 7 support so we can standardize on the new iOS 8 web viewer (which we use to render almost all of our document types).

Joey Mac

Thanks Mike! +1 on this.

I would, as many other people who use Pleco as a study tool, pay an add-on fee for this!

What sort of functions are you looking to have with this highlight and annotation feature? Are there any limitations with re: to this feature? i.e. would you be able to email the highlights?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Haven't fleshed that out yet - I think as with a lot of things we'll start off relatively simple and develop it further based on feedback.