Pleco for Android 3.1.3/4/5

HW60

状元
In flashcards, shuffle repeat incorrect, the first repeated card seems to be the last incorrect card of the session.

jacky89

秀才
The male female voiCe alternating does Not work work with the latest update. Can you add a feature to enable alternating male female, and cantonese?,

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry, could you be more specific? Are you sure that both the male and female audio files are installed? Have you also installed our text-to-speech add-on?

Cantonese isn't supported in flashcards at all yet, that's coming in a future update.

NomekSan

举人
A little bug report on the "Fill in the blanks" test:

I figured that this test is only testing you on cards that have a maximum of 4 syllables. However, if you put a filter on it that says to only show cards that are greater than 4 syllables, you will be able to enter 3 of them and then the card automatically says it is wrong.

While I'm at it, a few suggestions for this test:

It would be really nice to increase the limit of 4 syllables to maybe 10 or whatever. If I do a writing test at home I use a test that shows me audio or definition and I will write the chinese down and compare it manually. I like the possibility to learn the writing on the go with the fill in the blanks test but I learn a lot better with longer sentences so an increase would be really helpful. The writing recognition wants me to use the correct stroke order to recognize it correctly which is nice for learning.

Another nice thing would be to be able to show the character as an initial test on a new card like it is shown in the stroke order diagram. This leads to a suggestion for the stroke order test: beeing able to fill the strokes using writing and not just to tap on the strokes but I guess that this would be a bit hard to implement since you need to implement some kind of bounding box to recognize a correct stroke.

The most important thing for me would be the increase of the length for the blanks test.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks!

Unlimited fill-in-the-blanks is on our to-do list for whichever one of our big flashcard updates overhauls the testing UI. (probably not one of the first two since we're generally focusing on lower-level stuff first)

Nickson

Hello, when I updated to 3.1.5 suddenly the hangul tab are blank. I downloaded the add-on and works well (on previous version) before.
Is it only me or a bug?