Pleco for Android 2.4.0 Release Candidate Bug Report Thread

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Re: Pleco for Android 2.4.0 Release Candidate Bug Report Thr

Yiliya said:
Most Android installations do have fonts that cover the Ext A characters, would it be possible to at least include an option to use the system fonts for this character range instead of the eye-jarring built-in Pleco 宋体?

Good point - no need to even make it an option, actually, if anybody finds they don't see those characters we can direct them to the open-source DroidSansFallbackFull which has them. And soon enough we'll be offering our own built-in Chinese font which also supports that range.

stephanhodges said:
In addition to the comment about using native fonts, perhaps someone could start a new thread dedicated solely to font recommendations/downloads, etc.?

I don't know any download links, or I would start it.

An awful lot of the Chinese fonts floating around the internet are pirated, so I would rather avoid encouraging people to distribute links to them.

I'd be happy with a "font recommendation" section on the Pleco downloads page, in that case. I'm not interested in getting pirated fonts, but I would like a few options :)

sahal

秀才

It seems like all the ü's (u+Umlaut) have been replaced by v's in the translation entries of the German-Chinese dictionaries. This means I have to search for vberlegen when I want to know the Chinese translation of überlegen.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member

sahal said:
It seems like all the ü's (u+Umlaut) have been replaced by v's in the translation entries of the German-Chinese dictionaries. This means I have to search for vberlegen when I want to know the Chinese translation of überlegen.

Quite right, thanks - fix shortly.

Lijie

秀才

I'm not sure if this is a bug because I know 樂 has two pronounciations but as I was translating 蘇打綠s lyrics I found that there's a lot of 音樂+ something else like 音樂聲 that give the pinyin as yinlesheng. You can see that in my screenshot. It seems to be in the ADS dictionary.

Attachments

• tumblr_mfmv0jJAvl1qjx7apo1_500.png
    tumblr_mfmv0jJAvl1qjx7apo1_500.png
    102.9 KB · Views: 984

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member

Lijie said:
I'm not sure if this is a bug because I know 樂 has two pronounciations but as I was translating 蘇打綠s lyrics I found that there's a lot of 音樂+ something else like 音樂聲 that give the pinyin as yinlesheng. You can see that in my screenshot. It seems to be in the ADS dictionary.

Looks like an Adso issue - if you go into Settings / Dictionary / Manage Dictionaries and mark it as "only as fallback," that should keep it from showing up in those results unless it's the only dictionary with an entry that matches your search query.