Pleco for Android 2.4.0 Beta 4 Bug Report / Feedback Thread

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Re: Pleco for Android 2.4.0 Beta 4 Bug Report / Feedback Thr

HW60 said:
Actually whatever I select I get the whole word.

Really? It's working OK here... are you sure that you actually changed it to Select Char?

HW60

状元

It was automatically set to character, but selected words. Now I again changed it to char, and it selects char ...

HW60

状元

In flashcards / self-graded / Test writing (with "Show Pinyin") I like to write the characters (and appreciate the new back arrow in the top right!). When I reveal the entire card afterwards, my input disappears, though sometimes I would like to see it again. I darkly remember that this was different in Beta 3, where I could switch my input on or off to compare with the headword of the flashcard.

leynux

举人

Attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-02-08-15-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-02-08-15-57.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 939
  • capture_01.jpg
    capture_01.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 885
  • ScreenCapture_DnD3.png
    ScreenCapture_DnD3.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 970

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member

HW60 said:
In flashcards / self-graded / Test writing (with "Show Pinyin") I like to write the characters (and appreciate the new back arrow in the top right!). When I reveal the entire card afterwards, my input disappears, though sometimes I would like to see it again. I darkly remember that this was different in Beta 3, where I could switch my input on or off to compare with the headword of the flashcard.

Quite right, looks like an oversight related to that new undo-friendly sketch box - should be fixed shortly.

leynux said:

Thanks - these should be addressed in the Beta 5 we'll be releasing shortly.

ckatt

状元

Not a Beta specific bug i don't think but i noticed that the audio for the word 点穴 plays incorrectly for the female voice. the male voice says dian3xue2 but the female says dian3xue4. it seems to be isolated to this word, as the female voice will pronounce 穴 as xue2 if it is selected independently.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member

ckatt said:
Not a Beta specific bug i don't think but i noticed that the audio for the word 点穴 plays incorrectly for the female voice. the male voice says dian3xue2 but the female says dian3xue4. it seems to be isolated to this word, as the female voice will pronounce 穴 as xue2 if it is selected independently.

Yeah, there are quite a few recordings like that actually... one of our 2013 projects is to heavily retool the non-TTS female audio, we may even have to bring in somebody and re-record all of it from scratch. (perhaps at the same time that we're making recordings for Cantonese)

dustpuppy

榜眼

YES !!! I"m so happy to hear there will be cantonese recordings !!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member

dustpuppy said:
YES !!! I"m so happy to hear there will be cantonese recordings !!

Oh yes, we get so much email etc about Cantonese that we're pretty well determined to support it with all of our major features now (except perhaps OCR since it's tough to find one of those that supports Hong Kong characters) - just a matter of ramping it up, but having finally gotten things squared away on the dictionary licensing front you can expect a whole bunch of Cantonese stuff from us in the near future.

dustpuppy

榜眼

That's extremely good news. And I always advertise pleco at my chinese language practice group in Hong Kong.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member

dustpuppy said:
That's extremely good news. And I always advertise pleco at my chinese language practice group in Hong Kong.

Thanks for the word-of-mouth!

Cantonese is finally coming to Pleco? :-O Joy of joys, I've been wishing for this forever... :)

I'll cross my fingers that OCR turns out to be workable too, that's a killer feature -- but even without it I'll be picking this up, I'm sure.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member

knoxploration said:
Cantonese is finally coming to Pleco? :-O Joy of joys, I've been wishing for this forever...

Yes, we've heard the many many calls for it and are going to be rolling support for it out in a lot of different ways in the near future.