Pleco Flashcards - in need of Configuration Assistance

戴睿

I'd really love some help with the Pleco Flashcards add-on.

I have Pleco 3.0 on my iPod touch, and am an owner of the Basic Package ($50).

I'm trying really hard to figure out the configuration for this thing, because this entire point system is so foreign to me.

I'm sure it must be incredibly annoying to read threads of this similar nature multiple times, but I'd like to configure mine to operate similar to Anki's.

When I use Anki, if I get a card wrong, it will show up within the same review session multiple times until I've indicated I have successfully embedded it into my long term memory, at which point it is transferred to the next day. This 1/10 minute feature that allows you to view cards you aren't familiar with multiple times a session feels pretty essential to me.

I'd like to know how to get a similar set up using the Pleco flashcard system. I realize others have asked this before, but it seems like every post I have found is out of date, or at least was written before Pleco 3.0.

The whole idea behind my buying the Flashcard addon was mostly to combine the SRS potential of anki with the convenience of Pleco's speed in adding new words/characters directly from the dictionary in a matter of seconds.

Ideally what I want:

Pleco runs me through around 20 cards per deck/category a day, repeat testing me on cards I didn't get correct every 1 to 10 minutes, until I have correctly answered each card, at which point the cards are sorted into different intervals (1 day from now, 3 days, 5 etc.) based on how easily I was able to answer the cards. The key feature here is the repeating cards.

Is there an automated setting that accomplishes this? does it involve tweeking the point system some how? It all seems so foreign to me.

Thank you in advance for the help!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
There's not currently any setting to bring up cards at increasing intervals within the same session; we've had a couple of requests for this, and it will probably show up in one of next year's big flashcard updates - 3.0 was actually a relatively small update flashcard-wise - but to be honest, it hasn't had generated very many feature requests compared to other popular features from Anki / Skritter et al like introducing a set number of new cards per day (which we just added in 3.0) or embedding your own images / audio (which is almost certainly coming in one of those updates next year).

The best equivalent we have right now would probably be to activate the "repeat incorrect" option, which will show you any cards you failed to remember correctly again at the end of the test (and can be set to keep looping through them until you remember them all correctly). If you'd like further practice with your new cards, you could also set up a separate test profile with some "card filters" configured to limit it to cards that had first been reviewed within the past day, then hammer away on that repeatedly until you feel like you've mastered all of them.

Ryan

I'm surprised to hear you haven't had many requests for a feature that reviews cards at increasing intervals. This is the main reason why I currently use Anki over Pleco to study flashcards. I hope this feature gets released soon! Mike do have any idea when the big flashcard update will be coming out? Thanks so much!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
This post is a year-and-half-old; we do have a limited version of this now, Commands / Repeat incorrect now has an option to repeat incorrect cards during the test with a second repeat after a longer interval. (we could add more than two repeats, in theory, but it seems two is as many as most people want)

Chip Ryan

I have been wondering about this SRS feature for a long time, and still am having difficulty with it. I can repeat incorrect cards at the end, but can not repeat them DURING the flashcard test.

(1) I am currently using Version 3.2.20. Is the the most recent version?
(2) I can still only find the "End of Session" option in the Commands. Where is the "Repeat During Test" feature?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The latest Android version is 3.2.22, but we didn't change anything about flashcard testing between 3.2.20 and 3.2.22. "Repeat incorrect" should be the first option under "End of session" - turn that on and you'll see an option to repeat incorrect during the test instead of at the end.