Pleco + Dropbox: file caching, sync/refresh interval

etm001

状元
Hi,

It seems that after I open a Dropbox file from within Pleco, the file is cached for some interval of time. Is this correct? If true, is this interval dictated by Pleco or Dropbox? I ask because, once I've fetched a file from Dropbox, I can turn off my WiFi and view the file in reader, but at some point Pleco will ask me to connect to the Internet to sync/refresh.

My ultimate goal - especially when traveling - is to have my Dropbox documents cached and viewable offline in Pleco. I hoped that maybe documents marked as "Favorites" in the Dropbox app would be somehow accessible in Pleco (AFAIK "favorites" are cached locally by the Dropbox app), but this doesn't seem to be the case.

In the end I can save the documents in Pleco itself, but I was hoping to keep everything in one place and/or take advantage of Dropbox sync'ing across multiple devices.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It's dictated by Dropbox, I don't believe we have the ability to interfere with it too much. At the moment, the best way to have Dropbox documents cached would probably be to keep them in Dropbox but then 'share' them with Pleco when you want to use them in Pleco.