Partial search results display density

alanshi

举人
When typing a word (or partial word) in the search box, the legacy version of Pleco would show maximize the number of hits that are shown in the search pane because only one line of text was shown in the definition. In version 4.0, depending on how long the definition of a given dictionary entry is, multiple lines can get consumed with a single entry. Is this setting configurable (or could it be)? I could see different users having different preferences. For me, I prefer the legacy approach since when I am searching, in many cases, I am often looking to get as much breadth as possible so a higher density of results suits those needs better, since it can lead to less scrolling (and it's easier for me to find what I am looking for at a glance.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That one is 'max definition lines' under Settings / Font Sizes; actually it should have migrated over from the legacy app if you upgraded from that, so I'm not sure why it didn't.

alanshi

举人
Thanks! interesting, maybe my settings didn't migrate because I had to kill the app at first launch because the initialization looked hung? I did notice some of my other settings didn't migrate, including default font selection). Will investigate more.