Palm Z22

rolf

Has anyone tried PlecoDict on the new Palm Z22 (also called Ladypalm; former Zire 21)?

I mainly need something to write on in order to look up unknown characters - and I can't find out from searching on the net if Z22 recognizes handwriting.

Michael Love at PlecoDict has written to me in an e-mail:
You would only be able to fit the Basic version of PlecoDict on the Z22, but you could install a few add-ons with it as well.

Will only to have the Basic version be satisfactory?

Rolf

"CPU: 200 MHz ; RAM: 32 MB (20 MB accessible for file and software storage); Palm OS 5.4 ; Display: 3.5 color; Mini USB; internal rechargeable battery (that can be charged via the included AC adapter or via the USB cable connected to your PC).

What's in the Box: Palm Z22 handheld, USB sync cable, power adapter, 3-step setup poster, Graffiti 2 sticker, Software Install CD-ROM with Palm Desktop, Tutorial, Getting Started Guide, User Guide, and bonus software."

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The Basic version can certainly do handwriting recognition; the only difference between Basic/Professional/Complete is the dictionaries they include, the software features are identical in all three. And our handwriting recognizer is built into our software, so it'll work regardless of which Palm model it's running on - it should have no problems running on a Z22.

lmcjipo

榜眼
rolf said:
I just wonder: How useful is it without a dictionary?

Rolf

As Mike mentioned in his reply to you, all versions of PlecoDict have a dictionary. The only difference between the different products is the version/type of the dictionary that is included.