On SRS what happens when a card is 'learned'

mrbung1e

Hi, I'm a long time Pleco user, but only just starting to get serious with SRS. My question is - what happens when pleco deems a card as 'learned'? Will it never appear in my daily flash card quota again, or only appear between very long intervals?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
mrbung1e said:
Hi, I'm a long time Pleco user, but only just starting to get serious with SRS. My question is - what happens when pleco deems a card as 'learned'? Will it never appear in my daily flash card quota again, or only appear between very long intervals?

"Learned" is actually primarily used to determine what will happen with *other* cards - once a card is "learned," we figure we can add another new card to your review pool without overwhelming you with too many new cards at once.

mrbung1e

Thanks Mike. So I did a search on the forums and found the SRS formula listed as - a card is due for review if the score is less than 100 * the number of days since the last review. So although Pleco will mark cards as 'learned' after it reaches a certain score, however these cards will still continue to be due for review - just at longer intervals.

Also I'd just like to clarify something - so on Monday I added a load of new cards, to review with SRS. Later that day I reviewed them, and got most right - marking them with a 6. I noticed this set the score to 600, so I won't see those cards again for another 7 days? Am I using it correctly? that seems like a long gap from first to second review, is that how SRS is supposed to work?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
mrbung1e said:
Also I'd just like to clarify something - so on Monday I added a load of new cards, to review with SRS. Later that day I reviewed them, and got most right - marking them with a 6. I noticed this set the score to 600, so I won't see those cards again for another 7 days? Am I using it correctly? that seems like a long gap from first to second review, is that how SRS is supposed to work?

Actually yes - I believe Anki / SuperMemo / Mnemosyne / etc use similar initial intervals if you remember a card perfectly. In most of these cases you're probably not going to have any trouble remembering the word again in 6 days, so there's no sense in wasting your time on extra reviews.