New Palm Treo 700P introduced today

lmcjipo

榜眼
The new PalmOS based Treo 700P was introduced today (they previously had the Treo 700W).

http://tinyurl.com/pd677

The specs look impressive!

So far, it is only for the US CDMA market.

Looks like I know what my next smartphone will be (when a GSM version is available internationally or at least in Canada). :D

However that's still a long way off since I just got my Treo 650 recently. I also don't want to have one of the "buggy" Treo 700P's so I will wait awhile before getting their GSM version when they finally have a GSM one available.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks for the note on that. Looks nice but I don't really see a lot of added value over the 650 - EvDO coverage is not exactly widespread yet, the extra memory's nice but less useful now that Palm's using flash-based internal memory, and dial-up networking is already included on unlocked 650s, so the main thing you're getting is the new form factor and the higher price.

I should warn anyone reading this that since this is a new Palm model, if history is any guide PlecoDict may not work correctly on it right away; at a minimum, since it's running the evil Palm OS 5.4.9 it will likely have the same bug as the Palm TX and Z22 that affects people using our older Oxford Dict software or using the handwriting recognizer from that in a free PlecoDict upgrade. Hopefully it'll work smoothly for everyone else, but you can never be sure until you try it out.