Multiple Choice test giving single choice although 187 flashcards

國書

I began using the flashcards and tests with no issue. I then added about 150 words, and now about half of my questions have only one answer option. I have messed around with nearly every setting to troubleshoot, but it hasn't changed. To be clear, I have set to the option for 5 choices.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm… how many other single-character cards do you have? Are any of the other ones also pronounced ‘mai4’? If only one single-character card is available then it won’t have enough cards to draw other choices from - you might consider importing a bunch of other words (e.g. our built-in HSK deck, under ‘install premade cards’ in ‘import/export’ in the sidebar menu) so that it has more words to choose from.

國書

Hmm… how many other single-character cards do you have? Are any of the other ones also pronounced ‘mai4’? If only one single-character card is available then it won’t have enough cards to draw other choices from - you might consider importing a bunch of other words (e.g. our built-in HSK deck, under ‘install premade cards’ in ‘import/export’ in the sidebar menu) so that it has more words to choose from.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Email / PM me a backup of your flashcard database and we'll take a look at that and hopefully get to the bottom of this. Sorry for the hassle!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
OK, found the problem - looks like a bug relating to the fact that most of these cards are both custom and traditional-character-only.

To fix this, go into Organize Cards, Edit, Batch, and use the batch command to ‘add simplified headwords’ - this will not erase anything that’s already there, and will not force you to actually see simplified characters in tests, but it should work around the bug by getting cards to report their lengths correctly for multi-choice match-up purposes.