Incorrect answers stopped working properly - what should default parameters be?

Longhair

I’ve been doing my flash cards for about 2 years now but lately I’ve noticed that when I mark a card as incorrect (1-3) I no longer get shown the card the very next day.
I don’t think I ever changed the parameters for incorrect answers from default so I’m not sure why it’s suddenly started acting differently.

Ideally I’d like all wrong answers to be repeated the next day, and for the score to be adjusted based on my answer 1-3.

I checked my parameters and it says the % decrease is 0 for quality 1, 2 and 3 which doesn’t really seem right. What should the default values be? How can I get it back to working the way I want? Would really appreciate some help in this, thanks.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
0% should get it back to the default minimum score of 100, so that should be correct assuming points per day is 100, yes.

Any chance you have a very large backlog of cards that are past due for review?

Longhair

Yeah I do have a very big backlog but is there a way to show incorrect cards before reviews, even those that are past due?

I’m not sure I’ve been understanding the parameters right. Does this mean there’s no difference between 1-3? Also, my quality 4 is set to -25 as my “almost remembered” option. Will this decrease the review time by 25% each time until it reaches the minimum again?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
1-3 normally only affect the 'difficulty,' i.e. how fast cards' scores will increase when you get them correct again. So that's what the -25 would do.

If you want to see incorrect cards before past due reviews, the best way to do that would be turn on a 'card filter' to only see cards that were last incorrect, run through that review, then go back to your regular backlog. You can also do this through two separate profiles sharing the same scorefile if you don't want to keep toggling that setting back and forth.

Longhair

Just to clarify it’s my quality 4 that’s set to -25 since I want to reduce the score without resetting to 100. Does the -25 not achieve this?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry, I thought you were talking about the changes in difficulty for 1/2/3.

The -25 for score 4 is applied *after* the score is increased by the difficulty factor; it will still increase, just by less. If you'd like to lower the score on a certain answer without dropping it to the minimum, configure, say, score 3 to decrease it to 75% rather than to 0.