Import Duplicate entries "Update + Merge"

Shun

状元
Hi Mike,

if I choose "Update Text" (which, as I understand it, only updates the card with new text, but doesn't add it to the category given in the text file that's being imported) or "Update + Merge" in the Import Flashcards screen, I can only see "Update Text" in the main screen. If I try to change the option between the two, it will stick to the option chosen first.

Is there a remedy for this? Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I think the reason for that was that we didn't see any argument for keeping "update text" without its merge component + were planning to merge the two - is there a particular reason why you want to update cards without adding them to the category (if they're not already in it)?

Shun

状元
No, I see it the same way, I would only use "Update + Merge". It's just that when I choose "Update + Merge", "Update Text" is shown. Shouldn't "Update + Merge" be displayed then? For myself, it doesn't matter, but if I tell others to do it, it might confuse them. :)

Shun

状元
Yes, and the ability to switch between the two (if you want to keep both options; right now, it always locks onto one option.). Thanks.

Last edited: