How to set up my Flashcards lile this?

I'd like to set up my Flashcards in a certain way, but due to the wealth of options and my lack of understanding I have no idea of how to go about it.

What I would like to achieve is the following: Flashcards show up in every test session until I grade them als correct twice in a row. After that, I'd like cards to appear with diminishing frequency, as long as I keep grading them as correct. If I grade a card as incorrect they return to the very beginning of this process (IE as if I just added them).

How do I change my settings to achieve the above, or something that closely resembles it?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Do you generally only study once per day (so that these would come up 2 days in a row and then at progressively longer intervals), or do you sometimes study several times per day and want this to be driven purely by sessions rather than elapsed time?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
In that case, the default "Spaced Repetition" profile should be almost perfect; the main two tweaks I'd suggest is that you go into Scoring, turn off "prompt for quality," go into the "tweak parameters" subscreen, set the "Initial correct score" values each to 190, and then in Card Selection set "day type" to "calendar." The "prompt for quality" change will get rid of the need to fiddle around with exactly how correctly you answered a card, and the other two options will get you the interval behavior you want. (basically, 190 gets rounded down to 1 day so that your first two repetitions after a correct answer are spaced by 1 day but the interval will add days on each further repetition).