How how does the scoring system algorithm work?

Hi,

I have a question about how the scoring system algorithm works... I thought at some point I saw a simplistic rundown of how it works, but I can't find that... Feel free to direct me to any other posts.

A general question that I have is if it's possible to give a description how how the scoring "works". The reason I ask is that I quite often keep seeing cards that, when I rate them as correct (using spaced repetition system, while displaying the intervals), I see three options that are all the same. For example, under "remembered perfectly" it will say "(5 days)", and the same thing under "remembered" and "barely remembered"... Why is this? Are they all actually the same, or only appear to be the same? In such cases, how do I choose?

Another question - why aren't intervals shown when I mark a card as wrong? What is the difference between the three "wrong" choices?

Thanks!

Adam

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
There's a quick outline in an old post here.

The biggest impact of those choices is on the card's 'eeriness factor,' which determines how quickly its interval will increase in future study. We don't show intervals with wrong cards because a wrong card automatically has its score drop to the minimum of 100 and thus by default come up again the next day.

HW60

状元
There's a quick outline in an old post here.

The biggest impact of those choices is on the card's 'eeriness factor,' which determines how quickly its interval will increase in future study. We don't show intervals with wrong cards because a wrong card automatically has its score drop to the minimum of 100 and thus by default come up again the next day.
Long ago I posted an Excel spreadsheet which was able to do the scoring calculations following the rules of the tweak parameters. I do not know if the scoring formulas were changed in the mean time, but in ancient times it worked. There are two tables, one for the tweak parameters, one for the results. Enter your figures in yellow fields only.

Attachments

• Pleco-Scores.zip
    15.6 KB · Views: 477