How do I change the rate at which flashcards are shown in the 'Repetition-Spaced' system?

Dunhuang17

秀才
When you are tested on a batch of flashcards then there is a time until you next see said flashcards, should you get the flashcard correct of course.

I have no idea what exact system Pleco uses for this, but it seems to me to be something like:

Correct 1st time - retest after 1 day
Correct 2nd time - retest after 4 days
Correct 3rd time - retest after 1 week
etc etc

I really don't like this system however, the gaps are simply too long.

I have lots of time and would prefer to be tested more regularly then this, perhaps say after 12 hrs, then a further 24 hours, then a further 48 hrs etc.

How can I do this? There does not seem to be an option within the Settings - Flashcards section, nor in the Flashcards - Card selection.

Kind regards, Dunhuang17

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
In Card Selection, set 'day type' to 'hours' and 'points per day' to something higher than 100 (200 would cut those intervals in half, for example, 400 would cut them to 1/4).

Dunhuang17

秀才
Okay I have one more question:

This time I would like the cards to be repeated during the test.

Currently if I get the card correct then the card is not repeated at all. If I get the card wrong then it gets repeated twice.

How do I change this setup?

Ideally I would like to see make it so that a card is repeatedly shown until I get it right 5-6 times in a row, within the one test.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
There's not really a good way to do that at the moment - honestly not something we've had a lot of requests for - but can certainly consider adding support in a future release.

Dunhuang17

秀才
Really? That is a big shame.

I thought as a repetition-spaced software it would have this feature mandatory. Another online based flashcard software I have been using allows you to do this but it costs over £10 per month.

Surely it would not be hard to implement because already there is a system where a wrong flash card is repeated twice. You would just have to make that option changeable. How long would it take you to implement?

I don't mind paying for it either, or funding this, as at the moment I am struggling to fully learn all the content I want to learn. I have already bought the flashcards, stroke order, handwriting, two fonts, and several dictionary packs so I would rather keep things with Pleco.