How can I WRITE in Chinese on Treo 600?

bikechina

I just bought a used Treo 600 in China, but it apparently is an imported model as it says Vodafone above the screen. It has an expired trial version of CJKOS installed and seems to work okay provided I continue to hit the "OK" after it tells me I should buy it.

My problem is that I have not figured out how to write Chinese characters on the screen using this CJKOS ver 4.621. In preferences there are only "quan yin", "fu hao" and "None" as my input options. Is there any way to write input using the trial version?

Are there any other better writing input programs I can use?

Thanks,

Peter

tibolts

bikechina said:
I just bought a used Treo 600 in China, but it apparently is an imported model as it says Vodafone above the screen. It has an expired trial version of CJKOS installed and seems to work okay provided I continue to hit the "OK" after it tells me I should buy it.

My problem is that I have not figured out how to write Chinese characters on the screen using this CJKOS ver 4.621. In preferences there are only "quan yin", "fu hao" and "None" as my input options. Is there any way to write input using the trial version?

Are there any other better writing input programs I can use?

Thanks,

Peter

Hi Peter,

I have the same problem with my Treo 650 (European Version). After installing the CJKOS Trial software I couldn't activate the pinyin input system. In fact I thought it's because of the trial version, I recently purchased CJKOS but it doesn't work! I deinstalled and installed CJKOS a few times and choosed various options while installing the software - and I can choose from several input systems but NO PINYIN & AND THERE ARE NO CHARACTERS SHOWING UP ON THE SCREEN TO CHOOSE FROM (even with the other input systems). I checked the manual many times, can read Chinese SMS - BUT CANNOT WRITE!?

Thanks,
Philipp

bikechina

I am not an expert by any means but on my CJKOS version (still a trial) V4.621 the once in the program and tapping on the INPUT tab the second line down reads

Input Method [全拼] there are also options for [None] and [苻号]. When I pick the 全拼 with the double tap checked, I can then write in Pinyin when sending messages (and other things too) by double tapping in the input area of the message. Try it. It should work.

Peter