How add extra category to flashcard from dictionary?

Eddy

举人
Hi,

Did a search for this but did not find an answer.

After daily class I end up with several words that I need to review. Some of them already exist in my flashcard decks. I created a daily review flashcard category (eg "Tuesday") and at the end of the week I move all the daily review cards into a week review category (eg "week review").

When in the dictionary section and finding a new word I can tap "+" and the card is added to the "uncategorised" category in my flashcard section. The contents of "uncategorised" I can then move to "Tuesday".

However, when I enter a word in the dictionary that already belongs to a flashcard category (eg in the "HSK4" category) and tap "+" I get a "duplicate card" message. I would like to easily add an additional category (eg "Tuesday") to an existing card from within the dictionary. I don't know how.

My current workaround is to copy the word to the pasteboard in the dictionary. Then go to the flashcard section, and to the "search card" section. Then do a "search headword" search with the pasted word. Find the card, and in the categories section add the "Tuesday" category to that card. Quite a few steps to go through if you're adding a large number of cards a day.

Does anybody know of a faster way of adding an additional category to an existing card from within the dictionary?

Hope I made the issue clear. Thanks for any suggestions.

cheers Eddy

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Eddy said:
However, when I enter a word in the dictionary that already belongs to a flashcard category (eg in the "HSK4" category) and tap "+" I get a "duplicate card" message. I would like to easily add an additional category (eg "Tuesday") to an existing card from within the dictionary. I don't know how.

Tap-hold on the + button - that will let you select a different category to add it to, and the message will say "Category Added" instead of "Duplicate Card" to indicate that the existing card was added to a new category.

Eddy

举人
Beauty! Works perfectly. Thanks for pointing that out.

I found it earlier but did not use it. I was assuming that no matter what other category I would add it to, it would still be considered a duplicate card. Happy to see that that is not the case.

TheGuntha

Wow, I had the same question. This is awesome. To follow up, will this put the card in two different categories, or will it move the card from the former category to the latter?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
TheGuntha said:
Wow, I had the same question. This is awesome. To follow up, will this put the card in two different categories, or will it move the card from the former category to the latter?

It puts it in two different categories.