Flash card or a list for table-look-up

Sy

进士
I am new and don't understand the lingo here.but willing to listen and learn .
My kids used to use flash cards to learn French.this is the extent I know of flash cards.
Here you talk about flash card.can I say,use 10 cards of Chinese characters,then define each card with a code
Or an alien language to make a 10 word dictionary?
Likewise,I can make a table of 10 lines.each line is a Chinese character with a code/or definition.i use this table to make a 10 word dictionary.
What I want to know is What,s the difference between the flash card system and the list in the table -look -up system?
Is a card the same as a line in the about illustration?or a card is a data unit and a line is also a data unit.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
They're very similar, actually. You can search for a user dictionary entry in the search box, you can test yourself on a flashcard, but the underlying data is mostly the same. If you'd like a single item to do both functions, create it as a flashcard, then use the "convert to user dictionary entry" command (either on the card's individual screen in Organize or on the Batch screen to do it for more than one) to take those flashcards and make them into user dictionary entries so you can use them both ways.