Flash card import dict prob

bam

秀才
I want to only use the definitions from the UNI dict for the HSK flash cards. I set the import to only use 1 dictionary (UNI). After the import, all the definitions are from the PLC dictionary. Is this a known bug or am I missing something?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
bam said:
I want to only use the definitions from the UNI dict for the HSK flash cards. I set the import to only use 1 dictionary (UNI). After the import, all the definitions are from the PLC dictionary. Is this a known bug or am I missing something?

Have you already created cards for that vocabulary? By default the importer will link you to the old cards rather than creating new ones, though you can change this with the "duplicate handling" option.

Also, bear in mind that since UNI only covers single characters, most of the HSK cards won't actually have a definition in it - you might want to pick UNI as your first dictionary and another one like CC-CEDICT or PLC (both of which should cover every HSK vocabulary word) as your second.

bam

秀才
Ah, that helps.... For others trying to do the same thing, I chose Import/Problem Handling/Duplicate Cards/Replace.
Took your advice Mike, I went with just the CC dictionary for the cards.... Thats what iwas looking for -- Much Thanks!