File reader- encoding problem

yedafu

秀才
I'v just purchase the file reader add on, but when i'm trying to open a chinese DOC file its ask me about the encoding, and it dosent metter wich encoding i choose the text just wont show up on the screen. before when i copy the same text to the clip board there wasnt any problem.
how could i solve this?
Thanks in advence

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I'm afraid the file reader doesn't support DOC files on Android - it supports them on iOS because iOS has a built-in system we can use to decode DOC files, but there's no equivalent to that on Android, so our Android File Reader currently only supports TXT + PDF files. You might be able to read text in a DOC file in another app using our Screen Reader function, though, or you could open the DOC file in another program that supports them (like Google Drive) and export the file to TXT or PDF.

If you'd like a refund of your File Reader purchase just email support@pleco.com and we'll be happy to provide one.

yedafu

秀才
Thanks for the refund offer, but what i did was just to convert the DOC to TXT and its work perfectly, also the PDF work just fine.
an excellent tool!