Editing a file within reader

When editing a file within reader, when I tap the pen icon, the page automatically scrolls down to the very bottom in edit mode. When the file is large it can be a little bit annoying having to scroll back to the top if that's where I wanted to make the correction/addition. I know this is only a minor thing but is there any way of preventing the scroll to bottom taking place?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
At the moment, no - Apple's text edit control doesn't let us manage scrolling as reliably as we'd like - but we're eventually planning to add editing support to our own text edit control so it'll work much more seamlessly.

dcarpent

榜眼
I would like to express interest in any and all enhancements to the Reader that would allow it to function as a more full-bodied text editor. This would be really valuable. Could you say more about your plans to enhance the Reader (add the editing support mentioned above)? I realize that you don't like to say too much about when enhancements might appear, for understandable reasons, but could you say what level of priority this has? Is it something many people want, or just a few of us? Something difficult to implement or relatively easy? Dependent on Apple or just a matter of in-house programming?

On the principle that the squeaky wheel gets the grease, I just wanted to make a little noise. :)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Not a very high priority for its own sake - not that much interest and I continue to be skeptical that we can offer much value beyond a regular text editor - but it may get a sizable boost when we allow greater editing / customization of flashcards, since that will likewise require an overhauled text editing system.