Custom card - formatting

ticlo

Hi Mike

When creating a custom card from dictionary (eg. PLC), the formatting is lost, search word replaced by ~, etc. Sometimes all I want is to add or tweak the dictionary entry, but give up because it involves re-formatting the entry. I could not find a way to keep the formatting - is there? If not, could that be made possible?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
ticlo said:
When creating a custom card from dictionary (eg. PLC), the formatting is lost, search word replaced by ~, etc. Sometimes all I want is to add or tweak the dictionary entry, but give up because it involves re-formatting the entry. I could not find a way to keep the formatting - is there? If not, could that be made possible?

Not possible at the moment, I'm afraid. The basic problem is that we're planning to add official support for formatted flashcards in the future, and do it with a different / more universal system than the internal codes we use now, so if we simply dumped the formatted version of the dictionary entry to your flashcard database you'd end up with unformatted gobbledegook a few releases down the line.

ticlo

Thanks Mike, will therefore stick to the roundabout way of doing this, by copying full dictionary entry and then pasting into a new flaschard.