characters i frequently confuse

mfcb

状元
just did not find a better place where to put this, maybe after forum reorganization it needs to be moved :wink:

挽 - 换
乌 - 鸟
拨 - 拔

you've got some more? (just came to think this maybe depends a little on the font in use, right now they seem quite different, hehe)

sfrrr

状元
We need to design a flashcard set for these. I've done that with moderates success for the various tones of wan.

sfrrr

状元
How does posting the characters help you? Wouldn't it be better if we could come up with tricks, explanations, mnemonics so, by posting them here, you never confuse them again? For example, if I confuse two zi, I look up their component parts to see if there's something I can link to either the meaning or the sound.

mfcb

状元
posting them here is my trick to remember them, hehe.
i had quite a long time troubles to find out, that there actually IS a difference between 拨 and 拔. 拨 was already at score 3500+ when i added 拔. in the beginning i got it wrong (of course) several times, until i learned its "ba", then 拨 came up and naturally i got it wrong. that was when the downward spiral started... always i tried to remember the radical, whatever other components, because my initial suspicion was that i confuse them with 波... so it took me until the 拨 was down to score 800 (and 拔 at around the same score) until i finally realized what the problem is with them...

and besides being my way to remember these cuties, it might prevent that others have the same troubles...