buying palm or treo in china

tuvia

举人
anyone know is the price comparable to what i would have to pay in the u.s. for the palm products or treo 650. i am in china, so of course its easier for me to buy it here (are there english os available)?
and finally, what 'memory' or item do i also have to buy to be able to run the basic pleco package? thanks.

t.

tuvia

举人
chinese-brand alternatives

does anyone know of and can recommend any chinese-brand alternatives to the palm or treo products. i assume these woould be quite a bit cheaper to purchase in china. i saw the benqp50 mentioned, though i think that is a taiwan-based company so i am not sure about the pricing in china.

lmcjipo

榜眼
I have a Treo 600 and I'm very happy with it although sometimes I don't like the standard resolution (low resolution) screen because certain characters or text is not readable. With PlecoDict, this isn't a problem since PlecoDict has a magnifier feature.

Why are you not going with a Treo 650 which has a higher resolution screen and most of the earlier bugs have been fixed?

I will be getting a Treo 650 once my Treo 600 completely stops working or when the Treo 700P is released (in which case, I'm sure PalmOne/Palm will drop the price of the Treo 650).

adamlau

探花
From what I saw at Xujiahui in Shanghai, nothing compares to the PlecoDict/Palm OS combo. Understand that most of the dictionaries available in China are for Chinese learners of English.