Any new non-phone PDAs announced for 2009?

I tried googling for the answer, but I couldn't find anything out about upcoming non-phone PDAs for 2009. HP iPaqs (110/210) came out in 2008. Are they likely to be updated in 2009? Would an announcement be likely at the upcoming CES 2009?

My basic question: Does anyone know anything about whether there will be any new non-phone PDAs out next year :?: I'm in the market for a new non-phone PDA, so I need your advice whether I should buy now, or wait. It's okay if your advice is speculative. Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I haven't heard of any - to be honest, there's not a lot more one could do with them that hasn't already been done in the 110/210 iPAQs; until Windows Mobile 6.5 comes out (second half of '09, last I heard) there aren't going to be many more new features they can add, and areas like processor speed / battery life / etc haven't improved enough in the past year to make for a significant upgrade on their own. So I wouldn't expect to see any new PDAs at CES, though there certainly could be some sort of surprise announcement from someone - a Windows-Mobile-based iPod Touch competitor, for example.

As far as running Pleco goes, the 110/210 should be about as solid as any PDA you're likely to see at least until the iPhone/iPod Touch version arrives, so if your main purpose in buying a PDA is that and you'd rather not wait for the iPhone release I'd say go for one of the iPAQs.